A strategy for business competitiveness
Why Management Development, Key Beliefs
• The intellectual capacity of an organization (talent) is the foundation of a competitive business.
• Building an organization’s capacity is the precursor to shifting organizational performance; developing people is a strategy serving a business purpose.
• Better management talent drives a better business.
• A ritualized process of management development establishes an
organizational rhythm for improvement and discipline.
A Strategic Decision
• Using Management Development as a strategy for being a more effective business requires understanding the dimensions of performance that drive the business.
• Defining the Dimensions of Performance is a strategic decision.
• Management development not aligned with Performance Dimensions is of limited value to the business.
• A curriculum map is developed when development activities are defined for specific target audiences relative to Performance Dimensions.
– Senior Management
– Middle Management
– Frontline Management