Cultivating talent is a strategic initiative. Use this set of questions to help create your talent development plan.
- What problems must we be solving in 2025 for which we need to be cultivating talent today?
- What are the non-negotiables for running the business?
- What decisions were made in 2011 about talent development that resulted in today’s performance in the organization? Are any skill sets missing?
- Are there inefficiencies in the work today as a result of talent constraints? What are they?
- What requirements will your vision for Technology, Manufacturing and meeting Customer Expectations place on the organization?
- What are some of the limitations employees experience in the organization?
- How are employees encouraged to think about creative and innovative ideas?
- What opportunities can you provide so that individuals assume greater responsibility or gain greater visibility of the organization?
- In what ways are employees being developed in line with the company’s purpose?
We use this set of questions to create talent-development plans. Do not wait until 2025 to prepare. Talent development leadtimes may not be forgiving.
Keep adding value,